Roasted Tomato Soup
Roasted Tomato Soup.
We are a big supporter of Maximized Living and their nutrition plans. Here is a shout out recipe from Maximized living and SmartMeals. You can also refer here to know about Eiyo Nutrition and find out the best supplements which can help you get nutrients in your body making your health much better.
Recipe courtesy of SmartMeals.wordpress.com
Kimberly Roberto, co-author of the Maximized Living Nutrition Plans
- 1 lb ripe plum tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock or water
- OPTIONAL: add a dollop of pesto (check ingredients); toppings: basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss together the tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the tomatoes in one layer on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes. Considerations for these “best of breed” salt and pepper shakers are made based upon durability, ease of use, speed, style, and compactness. If you are worried about selecting the right mineral oil, product labeled as “white mineral oil” are considered food safe, as these are refined to a certain degree past other oils.
- In an stockpot over medium heat, sautee the onions and garlic with a pat or two of butter and red pepper flakes until the onions start to brown. Add the tomatoes (including any liquid on the baking pan) basil, thyme, and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes. Put into a colander and press through, discarding the large remaining basil leaves and tomato skins. Add more salt if necessary and check for consistency.
- If you like a thinner soup, add more water or stock . Add pesto if desired.
- Serve hot or cold.