Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
I have to admit, I’m not much of a Pinterester, but whenever I find myself on there I always seem to find a recipe I have to try right now! I was pleasantly surprised as the simplicity of the ingredients of this recipe and whipped up a batch right away.
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (85 grams) honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup (225 grams) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (56 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 2 oz dairy free dark chocolate (chopped or in chips)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Heat your oven to 350°F/180°C
- Beat the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add the vanilla, honey, and oil to the eggs, mixing thoroughly. Add the pumpkin puree and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the coconut flour, baking powder, and all of your spices to the pumpkin batter and mix until combined making sure that you have no lumps in your batter.
- Add the 1 teaspoon coconut oil and chocolate to a small, microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Grease or line your muffin tins. Spoon the batter evenly into the muffins tins. Using a teaspoon, drizzle some of the melted chocolate over the top of each muffin cup. Using a knife or a toothpick swirl the chocolate.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a knife going into the center comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before flipping the tin over and removing the muffins.
I added a sprinkling of salted pumpkin seeds to the top of the muffins before baking. This added a nice crunch and salty sweet flavor to the muffins!
Recipe credit to: http://www.asaucykitchen.com/paleo-pumpkin-muffins-with-a-chocolate-swirl/